Saturday, September 17, 2005

Oops, I am late

My sister invited me to join her in mooncake making. As I got busy baking the cheese puff, I was a minute too late in joining the fun.

Hers was really easy, she bought the green tea premix dough from Phoon Huat and she got the green tea lotus paste and green tea powder from Bake King.

Verdict: The Green Tea Mooncake sweetness is just right. I might have a go at this next year.

Photobucket

Also I have tried out Baked Mochi, recipe from Ginny's.

As I have never tried the ones at Sun Moulin but my sister in law said it is very close to it.

Well, the shape didn't turned out so well though. Also, will omit the salt as my family feels it is salty. Will attempt this again, hopefully soon.

Photobucket

What you need

210g glutinous rice flour
50g tapioca starch
70g grated parmesan cheese powder
2 egg lightly beaten
60g butter
350ml milk
1 tsp baking powder

Method:

Mix glutinuous flour & tapioca starch together.

Boil butter & milk together. Once butter melts and milk boils, remove saucepan from heat and add in the flour all at once. Stir quickly till well mixed and return back to low heat and cook stirring all the times till it forms a ball.

Remove from heat and add in the parmesan cheese. Mix it in well. Leave mixture to cool for 5-7 minutes.

Add the egg, one teaspoon at a time. Beat well after each addition of the egg (using mixer)

Lastly add the baking powder and beat well.

Using 2 teaspoons, drop mixture onto a greased lined baking tray.

Bake at 200° C for 20-25 minutes till well puffed up.

Note: Do not open the oven door during the initial 20mins baking time, otherwise the puffs will loose it’s shape.
Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. edith, you are tempting me to make the baked mochi. :D

    Min

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I am so tempted to get PH's pre-mix too! Will do so next year!

    Your wanton is so nicely wrapped!!! *kudus*

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice of you(JP) to drop by.

    Thanks, I learnt my wanton wrapping from my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow,,,,never heard baked mochi...until i found your blog...humm, i wanna try this unique recipe at my kitchen next time...:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I am so tempted to get PH's pre-mix too! Will do so next year!

    Your wanton is so nicely wrapped!!! *kudus*

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin